Foxhound International is an Australian gaming group for ARMA 3. Our focus is on developing and playing challenging and immersive ARMA 3 missions, drawing on military principles and procedures only where they aid in playing the game.
Although we play a variety of mission styles, in general a mission will have:
- An emphasis on infantry roles.
- Squad and fireteam structure and leadership.
- No respawning.
- No third person—ever.
- Few—if any—roles with high magnification optics.
- An emphasis on navigation skills rather than navigational aids.
- No blue force tracking, and an emphasis on communication.
The style of missions varies widely, from civilians protecting goat infested mountain villages with naught more than a Kalashnikov and an old dented compass, all the way up to deploying as well equipped special forces with superpower-level air, ground and artillery support.
Once we shut down ARMA, the military simulation is over. Our membership is drawn from a diverse background, and as such we have:
- No ranks.
- No onerous attendance requirements.
- No fixed roles or teams.
Our carefully curated mod set includes:
- ACE, ASR AI, TFR, STHUD, and other enhancements.
- Numerous maps including Fallujah, Chernarus, Takistan, Fata, Kunduz, Duala, and more.
- RHS: Escalation (AFRF and USAF), and numerous smaller weapon, uniform and vehicle addons.
One of the biggest frustrations when joining a co-op ARMA 3 group is downloading and updating numerous mods and keeping them all up to date before each and every mission. Worse still is waiting around on mission nights for other people to get everything running.
Fulminate, our integrated updater and launcher, was developed completely in-house to solve those issues and make using our mod set completely pain free. When you join, you simply:
- Download and install a small (1 MB) .MSI installer and run it.
- Wait for Fulminate to download and install the mods from our dedicated distribution server.
- Click on the connect button to launch ARMA 3 and be connected directly to our game server.
What's even better is that if you already have mods such as RHS, AiA and ACE installed, Fulminate won't download them again. It recognises your existing files and puts them to use, without using any extra hard drive space.
We play missions at least twice a week, starting at 8:00 PM on Thursday and Sunday (Australian Eastern Time) running for around two to three hours. We welcome applications from any part of the world, but keep in mind that our mission times in some time zones may be inconvenient:
|UTC Offset||Regions||Starting Time|
|-8||United States and Canada (Pacific Time Zone)||2 AM|
|-7||United States and Canada (Mountain Time Zone)||3 AM|
|-6||United States and Canada (Central Time Zone)||4 AM|
|-5||United States and Canada (Eastern Time Zone)||5 AM|
|-4||Canada (Atlantic Time Zone)||6 AM|
|+0||United Kingdom||10 AM|
|+1||Norway, Sweden, France, Central Europe||11 AM|
|+2||Finland, Greece, Israel, South Africa||12 PM|
|+3||Russia (Moscow Time), Saudi Arabia||1 PM|
|+4||United Arab Emirates, Russia (Samara Time)||2 PM|
|+5||Pakistan, Russia (Yekaterinburg Time)||3 PM|
|+6||Russia (Omsk Time)||4 PM|
|+7||Thailand, Vietnam||5 PM|
|+8||Australia (WA), China, Singapore, Taiwan||6 PM|
|+9||Japan, North Korea, South Korea||7 PM|
|+9:30||Australia (NT, SA)||7 PM|
|+10||Australia (ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC)||8 PM|
|+12||New Zealand, Fiji||10 PM|
Note that the above is a guide only and does not take into account daylight savings (summer) times. During daylight savings periods, actual mission times are typically one to two hours different in northern latitudes, and in locations that do not observe daylight savings.